Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Latently Manifested (part 2)

Message in a bottle drifting to your shores.

As I have previously mentioned in my first post, my summer trip to San Diego was the inspiration for starting my blog. As we venture further into Fall (which still feels like summer here), I am reminiscing with these pictorial memories.


Happily I was able to meet up with a dear friend from college days. We visited Pacific Beach, during the early evening. It was my first time at a beach on a pier. I felt relaxed, at peace and in awe of the beauty around me. The picture above was taken while standing on the pier.What a privilege for those who can experience this all of the time. 



Surfers trying to catch some waves.


Next, we mulled over where to grab a bite to eat. Sanam initially suggested a little Italian spot that overlooked the beach. We settled on an Asian bistro just 50 yards away, where we had a great time catching up and dining.


In San Diego, you find that there is no such thing as a bad photo op. It's always a breathtaking view somewhere at any time of the day or evening.


 The next day, I went to San Diego harbor for a dinner cruise. As me and my compadres waited to board, I snapped a few more pics.


San Diego was 28 degrees cooler than it was in Texas, so I definitely enjoyed the change of scenery. During this evening, many locals were out strolling along the pier. Others were watching the boats and birds, or getting in their daily jogs. I took pics while on the cruise, but let's just say I don't care to report much about that. I will tell you that it was a 2.5 hour cruise along the waters. The meal was terrible (for $50 bucks I expect non-rubbery meat and risotto that tasted like risotto; tickets are usually a $100--ugh!), and it was hard to take night pics. Part of the cruise route involved a stroll under the Coronado bridge, where it is said that if you kiss someone at the time you cross under it, you'll be lovers forever. Okay, gag me with a pitch fork. We also caught a glimpse of the Naval vessel from which a certain deceased, well-known terroristic leader's body was dumped into the sea, after being captured. Okay, enough said on that.  Hope you enjoyed this post.- EF

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment